SWT contains powerful set of widgets - UI components.
SWT applications work fast, because this toolkit based on native OS libraries.
And development of SWT applications is pretty simple.
- List of SWT UI components you can see at Widgets page.
- Snippets page contains many SWT samples. It is a good idea to download all these examples and review theirs.
- Start Eclipse, create new Java project.
- Put downloaded snippets into the project's src directory.
- Add SWT library to the project's build path from the Eclipse's plugins directory (e.g.: plugins/org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86_3.2.0.v3232m.jar).
- Then select on of the snippets and run it.
- Does it work? :-)
You may download these sources from Xantorohara.blogspot.com samples